Health and Quality of Life OutcomesOpen Access
First decision (average)
If you have chosen to submit your manuscript, you will be taken to the submissions form for this journal. You will still be able to make changes before your final submission.
Aims and Scope
Health and Quality of Life Outcomes is an open access, peer-reviewed journal offering rapid publication and wide diffusion in the public domain of high-quality articles in the field of Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQOL).
Health and Quality of Life Outcomes considers original research manuscripts using appropriate quantitative or qualitative methods, systematic reviews/meta-analyses, seminar papers, study protocols, commentaries on articles, and letters to the editor where the main focus is HRQOL. We welcome contributions in the following areas:
- Hypothesis-based or theory-driven primary or secondary analyses using observational or experimental data using HRQOL information as an independent or dependent variable;
- Systematic reviews and/or meta-analyses of HRQOL studies following appropriate reporting guidelines (e.g., PRISMA);
- Articles describing novel theoretical frameworks created to underpin the development or use of HRQOL instruments;
- Submissions describing the psychometric properties of instruments measuring HRQOL or similar patient reported outcomes, including the validation of existing instruments in new populations, settings, or contexts;
- Methodological and applied research using preference elicitation exercises to report the estimation of value sets to inform health valuation; and
- Study protocols of planned or ongoing research studies, provided data collection is not complete and analyses have not yet begun.
To encourage the submission of high-quality work, all manuscripts submitted to the journal should conform to the relevant reporting guidelines (e.g., PRISMA, PRISMA-P, MOOSE, STROBE, CONSORT). Systematic reviews/meta-analyses and randomized controlled trials will only be considered for publication if they are preceded by a registry listing (e.g., PROSPERO, clinicaltrials.gov) or a published study protocol.
Indexed by Social Science Citation Index, Google Scholar, EBSCO Discovery Service, Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition, SCImago, Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE), PubMedCentral, UGC-CARE List (India), Dimensions, EMBASE, DOAJ, Gale, Reaxys, ProQuest-ExLibris Primo, ProQuest-ExLibris Summon, EMCare, WTI AG, PsycINFO, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) - GoOA, Science Citation Index, Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition, Naver, CNKI, OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service, TD Net Discovery Service, Semantic Scholar, Psyndex, SCOPUS, Medline, ANVUR, BFI List, CNPIEC, CLOCKSS, Portico, Baidu, Wanfang.
US$ 2,690.00|£ 1,890.00|€ 2.190.00